The Women's Physique Category, is aimed at women who prefer to develop a less muscular, yet athletic and aesthetically pleasing physique, unlike today's current bodybuilders.
In Women's Physique, there are two categories:
- Category 1
- Up to and including 163cm; and
- Category 2
- Over 163cm
The attire for all rounds is a two piece bikini, which must conform to the following criteria:
- Plain, opaque in style;
- Colour at the discretion of the athlete;
- Cloth fabric in material (no plastic, rubberized or similar material);
- Small amount of ornamentation, frills, lace work edges and or borders;
- At least 2 cm high on the sides and covering a minimum of one half of the gluteus maximus and all of the frontal area;
- No footwear;
- No jewellery or other accessories, except for a wedding ring.
Women's Physique consists of the following three rounds:
- Round 1 - Quarter Turns
- The quarter turns will be as follows:
- • Quarter turn right, quarter turn back, quarter turn right, quarter turn front.
- Round 2 - Mandatory Poses
- The mandatory poses will be:
- • Front bicep pose, open handed
- • Side chest
- • Back bicep pose, open handed
- • Side triceps
- Round 3 - 30 seconds posing routine
- In this round, the judges will look for a smooth, artistic, well choreographed routine that displays the physique with style and grace, muscularity and athletic coordination.